Content can come in all shapes and sizes, but video marketing is starting to play a larger and larger role in that content world.
When it comes to building your marketing campaign, there are a lot of pieces that need to come together to create something great. You not only need a website and social media accounts but great content for those platforms.
What is video marketing?
Video marketing is just what it sounds like; it’s marketing in video form. It is there to sell your product and your brand.
Hubspot goes a step further to explain it “is using videos to promote and market your product or service, increase engagement on your digital and social channels, educate your consumers and customers, and reach your audience with a new medium.”
What types are there?
There are all kinds of video marketing out there. You can create demonstration videos, how-to videos, videos highlighting your company’s products, explainers, case studies, and more.
Among the most-watched videos, how-to videos as well as videos about specific sales and promotions.
How does it work?
Whatever video you create you share across your marketing platforms. Post it on Facebook, share it on Twitter, link to it on your website.
Like all social media and content that you create, it’s designed to make people stand up and take notice of you and your business.
Why is it important?
Video is having a huge impact on social media users. Just look at the numbers.
- According to YouTube, over 2 billion users log into YouTube each month; every day people watch over a billion hours of video and generate billions of views.
- 78% of marketers believe that video gives them a good return on investment according to Wyzol’s 2018 State of Video Marketing research.
Not only that, but Google — which owns YouTube — tries to place YouTube videos on the first page of every search. In other words, video marketing is just another way for you to show up on the first page of a Google search.
The State of Video Marketing
The site Animoto did its own State of Video Marketing survey and found some other impressive numbers.
- 73% of consumers say they were impacted by a brand’s social media presence when making a purchase decision.
- 46% of consumers say they watch more video ads on social media than on TV.
- As for millennials, 57% watch more video ads on social media than on TV.
How does it impact social media?
The survey found the impact of video marketing on social media is extremely effective.
- 64% of consumers say Facebook videos influenced their purchasing decision.
- 57% of consumers say YouTube videos influenced their purchasing decision.
- 48% of consumers say Instagram videos influenced their purchasing decision.
How to make it work for you
The best way to put those marketing videos to work is to post it on social media (Facebook, IGTV), your website and more. Get that video out there because the easier it is for people to find, the easier it is for clients to find you.
For those of you who have plenty of videos, and want some tips to improve your YouTube Channel check out this previous post.
Written by Erika Towne