Competition among companies is getting more and more intense. So it’s not a big surprise that it’s getting harder for new businesses to get their brand noticed.
If you want your brand to stand out, you should develop a comprehensive content marketing strategy. You should produce high-quality content and distribute it wisely. Read this article to learn how to use content marketing to build a strong brand.
Be active on social media
According to the latest data, a family of Facebook apps that includes Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram has reached 2.7 billion monthly users. And you should take this data into account when building your content marketing strategy.
Baby Boomers and Millennials, men and women, married and singles – today, everyone uses social media platforms. So no matter who your target audience is, you should grow your social media presence.
The first step you should take is to find out which social media platforms are the most popular among your prospective customers. You should choose two or three platforms to focus your content marketing efforts at.
The next step is to create content that appeals to your target audience:
- Use appropriate language. Don’t use slang, internet acronyms, or professional terms, if you are not sure that your followers know the meaning of these words.
- Establish a brand tone of voice. Make sure that social media posts match your branding strategy.
- Use storytelling to connect with your audience. Make people emotionally attached to your brand.
- Collaborate with influencers in your niche. Add a human touch to your branding strategy.
- Add hashtags, location, and @mentions. Do it to increase brand exposure.
Blogging is one of the most effective ways to increase brand exposure and build customers trust. For this reason, every company that wants to build a strong brand should start its own blog.
How to use blogging to promote your brand?
- Add value to your customers. Share useful information that your target audience struggles to find online.
- Create 100% original content. Write everything from scratch. Don’t repeat someone else’s ideas.
- Check your blog posts for grammar mistakes. Keep in mind that poor grammar may ruin your brand.
- Discuss trending topics. Provide information that is relevant and useful for your target audience.
- Make your content SEO-friendly. Choose low competition high traffic keywords. Write meta descriptions and title tags for every new page you add to your website.
- Improve readability. Keep your sentences short and avoid using passive voice. Add headings and use bullet lists where possible.
- Edit your blog posts. Use the best writing websites to get professional assistance.
Write guest posts
If you want to take your branding strategy to the next level, walk one more mile. Write articles not only for your corporate blog but also for other blogs that popular in your niche.
It will help you to increase brand awareness. And also, it will help you to gain high-quality backlinks for your website to improve its ranking.
How to use guest posting for brand building?
- Find blogs that accept guest posts. Google “Write for us” and a relevant keyword.
- Read blog guidelines attentively and write a pitch.
- Reach out to the blog’s editor.
- Write a guest post and mention your company’s brand name. Don’t make your post sound like a sales pitch or overly self-promotional.
Take advantage of email marketing
For the recent few years, email marketing has reinvented itself. And today, every company should use email marketing for effective brand building.
What type of content can you send to your customers via email? Here are a few options to consider:
- Tell a brand story. Write a short email that explains why you started your business, what is your mission, and what goals you want to achieve
- Share inspiring success stories. Explain how your products help your customers to achieve high results.
- Share infographics. Educate your target audience. Provide comprehensive information related to your business or your niche. Become an intellectual leader in your field.
- Provide how-to articles and videos. Explain how to install and use your innovative products. Support your customers on their journey.
And keep in mind that modern email marketing is all about personalization. It means that you should personalize every subject line and every message. It will help you to increase the open rate by 26% and obtain 6x higher transaction rate.
Foster customer feedback
Online customer reviews are the new content marketing. And you can use it to promote your brand. Complete the following steps to make customer reviews work for your company:
- Encourage customers to share their opinions about your products on social media platforms and reviews websites.
- Say thank you to your customers for their loyalty and positive reviews. Make your customers feel special and valued.
- Reply to negative reviews. Make a promise to improve your products and services.
- Be polite and friendly with every customer.
If you want to build a strong brand, you should diversify your content marketing strategy. Don’t focus on social media or blogging only. Try to use all content marketing techniques to draw the target audience’s attention to your brand.
Use this article as guidelines and develop a solid strategy. Bring your ideas to life and take your business to the next level.
Written by Daniela McVicker