Increase your sales. That catches a lot of attention. I expect that the title will generate a lot of curiosity among those who see it….

Sometimes you need to do something unexpected in order to stand out from the noise.  This is one of those moments for me because I have something important to say. Especially for those who are looking to increase your sales.

A lot of people are probably offering similar products or services to you, so how does anyone really get ahead of the pack?  It’s an important question that deserves some serious thought because your answer may very well determine your experience in the field of sales.


How much do you truly believe in what you are selling?

I would like you to rate yourself from 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest level that you can possibly conceive.  Be honest with yourself and check out the results below:

  • 10Excellent!  You are positioned well and ready to increase your sales with a few additional areas of focus!
  • 9 – Good! You are still better off than a vast majority of people, but can you find a way to take it up a notch?
  • 8 – Average.  Do you get average results too?
  • 7 or less – I can only guess how things are going for you…

If you don’t believe in what you are selling, no one else is going to either.  Your level of belief in your product or service will dictate your results.  Your clients and customers will see this clearly because your non verbal communication will tell them exactly what you are thinking and feeling. Maybe you need to convey your belief better or maybe it’s time to sell something new?  You will need to figure this out and act accordingly.


Do you pay attention to your body language and eye contact?

(If you work in inside sales this won’t have a ton of relevance, but read on anyway because you may learn something.)  Possessing the ability to connect with people from all walks of life is very, very important to selling well.  I also truly believe in the effects of body language and eye contact.  It turns out that I am not alone in this belief either.  Check out this blog post from the experts at Salesforce to see what they had to say about “body language being a sales advantage.”

The power in well timed and prolonged eye contact can turn a cold prospect into an instant believer in everything that you are saying!  This along with inviting and confident body language will allow you to sell more effectively.  Add this to an unwavering, authentic belief in what you are doing and you have a huge advantage over the “old” you.  Try it for FREE! Effort costs you nothing financially out of pocket, but rather just a little energy.


Are you working as hard as you can?

If you push hard 4 days a week and spend a day a week on the golf course, then the answer is “no.”  If you push hard 95% of each day and cruise the remaining 5%, the answer is still “no.” If this is not what you want to hear, well then accept your results and watch someone else surpass your results.  They call it hard work for a reason and there is no way getting around it.  If you want unreasonably good results for your life, you must make a level of effort considered “unreasonable” by others.  Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and start focusing on taking your game to the next level.


Know your products and services inside and out and upside down!

If you aren’t an expert in what you are selling, who else is going to be?  Your competition perhaps…

Nothing makes consumers or clients more nervous than someone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about!  If you do not know an answer to a question, just admit it and find the answer and get back to them.  When in doubt say less, not more!  It is not going to help you to ramble on in such a way that your audience doesn’t understand you, like an auctioneer at an estate sale.

It doesn’t matter if you are in business for yourself or work for someone else, these principles still apply and will yield results.  If you need a deeper level of help with any of this, perhaps we should have a separate conversation.


Here is my easy take away from this blog, for all of you.  Want to sell more?  Do these 4 things all day, every day…
  1. Believe in what you are selling and the highest level that you possibly can, or sell something else that you do believe in.
  2. Focus on improving your use of eye contact and pay attention to your body language.
  3. Work your hind quarters off!  There is no shortcut for this one, sorry.
  4. Be a subject matter expert in what you sell.

“How To Be A GREAT Salesperson…By Monday Morning!: If You Want to Increase Your Sales Read This Book. It is That Simple”

At any point, if you feel as though your ability to sell has plateaued, revisit these points and search for honest areas of improvement.  Have an opinion about all of this?  Let’s hear it in the comments! Did you enjoy this post? Check out or other blog posts!