In this episode, I started off with a random story that involves the thin line between success and failure. I think that I pose some interesting perspectives to think about. Listen to it and see what you think. Next, I jumped into my conversation with Alison Donaghey from Domino Thinking. Not only did we create some incredible conversation together, but you will love the phenomenal sound quality with this interview as well. Alison shares her amazing story with me from welfare all the way to success! She has a really interesting business model and approach to how she does things. Check this episode out!
Conversation Notes from this Episode
- Her different way of thinking led to the creation of her business.
- She followed her instincts and now she has her own radio store and a published book in a brick and mortar store. Awesome!
- “Risk just becomes riskier.”
- The real learning starts when everything starts falling apart.
- Don’t let other people tell you who you are…ever!
- Put in the extra effort and don’t do what all of your competitors are doing. Be different and offer them more value than everyone else.
- An outside perspective can show you value that you would have otherwise missed.
- Be married to only a few things in your business and be flexible with everything else.
- Get really clear on what you are doing! – What is the worst thing that someone could say about your business? Build your business around that.
- Consider the outcome of your choices.
- Stay in your lane and do your stuff, your own way.
- Give yourself a break from what everyone else is doing. Get away from social media and unplug until you get centered in what you are trying to do.
Alison is a cause an effect strategist, a published author, a speaker and a radio host. She is a resilient entrepreneur and she has a very different way of thinking about things. This rare perspective has allowed her to build the business that we now know as Domino Thinking.
You can read about some of her beliefs and ideas here.
Check out her website and all of her social media at: