In this episode, I get to talk with the amazing Vanessa Shaw about her transition from a corporate executive coach to an entrepreneur. She was a lot of fun to talk to and we created an amazing conversation together, for the listeners. She is the creator of “The Big Bold Event” and an awesome boutique business school. You need to listen to this episode to learn more about these engagements and everything else that she is into, trust me!
Conversation Notes from this Episode
- “Success is a choice” – We can decide whether we want it or we don’t.
- Losing a big contract was a distinct turning point for Vanessa.
- Forced to rebuild her business from the ground up with a new focus on entrepreneurs.
- Vanessa explains her online business school and the differences in mindset between the three levels.
- Mindset is a foundational cornerstone for success.
- How do we choose to respond to a setup? This is interesting, you will love what Vanessa had to say about this.
- It is possible to experience great success, lose it all and then get it back IF they choose to be success.
- The journey of entrepreneurship is a journey of uncertainty.
- Most people will work far harder in their own business compared to the 9 to 5 that they once knew.
Recognized as savvy and sophisticated yet widely respected for her business brilliance, Vanessa Shaw is an international Business and Success Coach, Wealth Mentor and Inspirational Speaker. Both lauded by clients and admired by peers, her mission and passion in life is teaching entrepreneurs and leaders how to step up, be bold and play bigger in their business and personal lives.
Vanessa’s broad international experience as a business coach includes clients such as The World Economic Forum, KPMG, Oracle, The Global Fund, London-based law firm Cameron McKenna, Sandler Training, and many other professional service providers. Originally from the UK and having lived in Europe for most of her life, Vanessa has worked for the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, and held multiple senior leadership roles within the International Coach Federation at both the Swiss and global levels.
She is a highly-accredited Business & Executive Coach who has dedicated years to her own professional and personal development. Her experience and skills as a coach combined with the hard-earned knowledge of what it really takes to be an entrepreneur and to create a business from scratch has led Vanessa to a genuine passion for coaching and mentoring small and medium size businesses and entrepreneurs. An important part of Vanessa’s business philosophy is to positively impact the lives of others by contributing to charitable causes and helping others who are less fortunate.
You can learn more about Vanessa and her BOUTIQUE BUSINESS SCHOOL programs at vanessashaw.com. You can ALSO connect with her on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter @vcshaw, and Instagram @boutiquebusinesslifestyle.