In this episode, I get the great opportunity to talk to a great guy who really understands the positive mindset. A couple of motivational guys enjoying a good conversation isn’t something that you get to hear every day. This was a really enjoyable episode for both of us, and I know that you will enjoy it too. My guest this week is Meiyoko Taylor and he has a very inspirational story that you won’t want to miss. Check it out!
Conversation Notes from this Episode
- Meiyoko is the author of Find Your Amazing- 5 Steps to Transforming Your Life.
- With a lot of motivational speakers, they get you excited and get you motivated but there are no actionable steps. Meiyoko feels differently, and wants to help his clients take actionable steps.
- Personal development caused him to reevaluate my daily activities.
- Meiyoko’s Recommended Must Reads: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, You 2 and Quantum Leap Strategy. These books get you to think outside the box, focus on your gifts, talents and abilities. They set you up to take an action and put you in a mindset to take the big step that you have been uncomfortable making.
- When you start to change and live a positive life and experience certain levels of success, you will start to see changes in the lives of those around you. For some people when someone close to them starts change their life, it is powerful and motivational. The other thing that may happen is they may distance themselves from you or resent you. Be prepared for any of these reactions.
- When you go through changes in life you start to realize your environment changes at the same time. Like attracts like. You will attract people who are positive and successful and can give you wisdom and knowledge.
- You can only be as effective and as the 5 people you surround yourself most with.
- Know that as the entrepreneur this is your vision, not anyone else’s. You need to be the visionary, you’re taking people on a journey. You’re the leader. Someone has to have the vision first, and that person has to be you.
- You have to have some mental, physical and emotional strength to be an entrepreneur. It can place a lot of strain on you. You are still creating, but you still have all the responsibilities of life, be prepared.
- You are going to have to make some sacrifices. Doesn’t always have to be extreme, but extremes are some people’s reality.
- There are people in personal development that have not even experienced the things they are trying to help other people with. If you have never had the period of rock bottom how can you emotionally engage with these people? People go to the seminars and buy the books only to feel cheated or upsold cause the passion is not there. This is not the way Meiyoko works.
- You will find a lot of times when getting started the people trying to give you advice have never been where you are. They have zero experience in what they are trying to help you with.
- As you focus on your life and make yourself more valuable you will be more valuable to other people.
- Meiyoko feels his number one business accelerator has been his authenticity. He does not care what a client thinks of him at the end of the day, as long as the objective was met. He invests in each of his clients, and he is going to push you. If he accepts you as a client, he knows you are ready to change. He does not accept everyone. Once he sees that readiness to change in you, he will give 100% to helping you.
- Get out of your own way. If you have talents and abilities to help people it is your obligation to help people.
With over a decade of success coaching, speaking, and most importantly, genuine, in-the-trenches business & life experience, his view is radically different. Meiyoko passionately shares with his listeners that success and leadership begins from the inside out. It is not about title, tenure or position. The opportunity for breakthrough success in every area is for everyone, every day. It’s how we should all live our life. However, everybody’s version of success is not the same.
Taylor, sometimes referred to as the “Dream Builder” for his ability to re-connect people to their passion and life-long goals or as the “kick-in-the-butt coach” for his coaching skill that brings out the best in people, through a practical, street-savvy style. Meiyoko fusion of real-life stories, and his conversational techniques connects his audience to an intimate, intense and individual level of self-discovery.
He is a Certified Master Life & Emotional Mastery Coach, NLP Practioner, and continues to work with the best and brightest in the leadership development field. The author of the best-selling book Find Your AMAZING!: 5 Steps To Transforming Your Life, Taylor’s action-based focus and down to earth conversational style of coaching has drawn support from people around the globe.
Over the past 15 years, he has worked with corporate professionals, CEOs, entertainers, public figures, industry leaders, students, and entrepreneurs guiding them toward self-improvement.
His successes include being featured on numerous television, radio shows, and podcasts. Some of these include the Ed Tyll show, The Ambitious Entrepreneur, the award-winning Mind Aware show, and the award-wining Dare to Dream radio show.
Prior to his leadership efforts and success in the self-help industry, Meiyoko, an entrepreneur by education and passion, created, managed, and ran a successful business in the financial services industry. As an advocate for entrepreneurship and empowerment, Taylor is regularly active in the nurturing the business leaders of tomorrow. He regularly volunteers his service for youth business education programs and serves on the board of a non-profit geared toward the development of up-coming businesses, entrepreneurs, and professionals in various industries.