In this episode, I had an incredible conversation with Jena Rodriguez from Brave Masters. We discuss one of my favorite topics, branding. I feel like this is an area that so many entrepreneurs fail to understand, or just flat out ignore. Your living, breathing brand is what communicates to your customers, before you even say a word. Jena has written a book on the topic and speaks about it as well. Tune in to this highly engaging conversation and pay attention to Jena’s three strategies for clarifying your brand message. Enjoy!
Conversation Notes from this Episode
- Struggle and hardship give you an added element you would not have any other way. How we respond and what we learn from it, says a lot about ourselves.
- Your brand is really the heart of your business.
- Branding is the process of expressing your point of view, your vision. If you don’t know who you are as a brand, then it is hard to pick colors, logos, etc.
- When starting out you may not know exactly what your brand is. So try the best you can, but make sure it is consistent, and get into business. Once you get feedback and testing in the marketplace, you will learn more about yourself and your clients. After learning and doing some reflection, you can always re-brand to take the company to the next level.
- Branding is going to evolve with you, if you let it.
- Branding is about timing a lot of times. When you do things and how you approach it.
- Helpful tip– If you are an entrepreneur, get rid of the Gmail email addresses. It only costs $5 a month to upgrade to a business email. This is an inexpensive thing you can do to make yourself sound more professional. It really does make a difference in your first impression to someone.
- Jena’s podcast, The Brave Entrepreneur, gave her a platform to demystify entrepreneurship. She allowed other entrepreneurs to come on and share their story. Everyone has days where they need a positive story, it helps keep you motivated. Her showed helped her give that.
- Creating a podcast is a brave step for people. You are putting yourself out there, and showing everyone who you are. It is an excellent visibility tool!
- Three things you can do to help clean up your brand:
- Take an inventory or a brand audit. Become aware of what is out of sync, and what is not consistent.
- Brand sound. Everything that is related to how you verbalize and articulate what you are offering, what you are selling etc. Your brand message is what allows people to connect with you. What are your beliefs about what you do in your industry? This is your point of view, and people need to connect to who you are. It is about being authentically you.
- Marketing message allows people to hear you. They have to hear themselves, and hear you in the site. Mimic your market. Listen to verbatim what the challenges and problems are. Those phrases are what you need to use.
Jena is a Brand, Business and Brave Strategist and the founder of Brave Masters, Inc (previously Brand With Jena). She is committed to boosting your brand clarity, catapulting your profits and unleashing your fullest potential as an entrepreneur. She teaches service based business owners how to capitalize on their “natural” abilities, and package and price their greatest strengths so that they can create a money-making, world-changing brand.
Over the last decade as an entrepreneur, she learned that the one thing needed to reach our fullest potential in life and in business is BRAVE.
Being brave is about saying yes without evidence, moving through fear, and being uncomfortable yet doing it anyways!
She is not all business though! She is also a mom, wife, author, animal lover, travel seeker, artist, personal development junkie, Hulu binger and ocean lover.