In this episode, I was exposed to a wealth of information about internet marketing. This was a very educational show for me. I walked away from the episode and actually pivoted the direction of my own business. John is an enjoyable guy to talk to and he really knows what he is talking about. You will not want to miss the 3 tips that John shared for startups who want to generate income from internet marketing. In my opinion, every business owner should be pursuing some form of passive income. The conversation between us drives this point home really well and I think you will really get some value out of this one.
Conversation Notes from this Episode
- You do not have to spend a lot of money to have success in digital marketing. Resources like Facebook and YouTube are still good resources for free advertising. However, keep in mind you do not have any control over these websites, but a great way to get your feet wet.
- Clickbank is the largest digital marketplace for people who want to sell ebooks, software, etc. You can sign up for a free account and look at all the products selling in the marketplace.
- With Clickbank you can also see what is most popular and what sells best. Based on this pick really good products and create an affiliate link. If people buy through that affiliate link you will get a commission for bringing in that lead.
- People get bombarded with so many products and strategies out there that it can be confusing. It is best to pick a single strategy that resonates with you.
- 3 Tips for Internet Marketing:
- Pick one strategy and focus on it only. Go to a good forum like warriorforum.com and research and listen to different strategies and reviews. Only listen to ones who have been there a long time and have a lot of comments.
- With your business model, ideally you want to have a subscription based business model.
- Find the biggest pain point or biggest obstacle that client base has and find the solution for them. If you know what your client wants most, and provide an easy solution for them, they will buy it.
- It is not hard to start a subscription based business. Programs like Stripe can process the monthly billing for you. There are plugins available for WordPress as well that can practically manage the full monthly billing process for you.
- While John does not recommend affiliate marketing, as there is so much competition at this point, YouTube and Facebook are still great for affiliate marketing if you are interested in it.
- Great course to look into for affiliate marketing is Jim Cockrum Amazon FBA Course
- Another great resource is Dan Henry, danhenry.org. He has great webinar on how to start a Facebook ad agency.
- It is important to always have a passive income as well.
- Best way to reach John is through is website: johnlagoudakis.com
John Lagoudakis is one of Australia’s leading Internet marketers. It all started back in 2007, when John stumbled across affiliate marketing and within two years was able to go from $0 online, to being one of Clickbank’s top 100 affiliates worldwide.
He’s been featured in the New York Times bestseller ‘Get Rich Click’, has authored several books, and has a long-running Internet marketing podcast.
Today, John helps businesses to get more exposure online, more leads, and to make more sales.