In this episode, I get to hang out with Nicole Jansen from Discover The Edge. We have an incredible conversation that ranges from the importance of playing to your strengths to the significance of daily habits. Nicole shares 3 changes that all startups should be embracing in order to experience a breakthrough in their business too. You will not want to miss any of her fantastic insights!
Listen to the Audio
Conversation Notes from this Episode
- Our strengths are what we get paid the most for, not our flaws. As a child, they teach you to focus on your flaws and improve them to be more well-rounded, but as an adult what you will be paid for is your strengths, they are what you have offer.
- An important thing to remember once you successfully start your business and build a tea is not to do to them what employers have done to you. You want to maximize your results in less time, and let your team play to their strengths.
- Entrepreneurial system vs a Bureaucratic system- Entrepreneurial systems look to get more done in less time. Bureaucratic systems believe you have to be there from 9-5 so they know you are working, which is not an accurate measure of productivity. Remember the reason you became an entrepreneur, even after you become successful.
- Results come from the habits and actions we take.
- It is important to remember when starting out as an entrepreneur that you will sometimes feel like a fish out of water, people close to you may think you are crazy for doing this. You have to know and have confidence in yourself to know, you don’t have all the answers but know that you can learn it.
- There is no such thing as mistakes, there are only learning experiences.
- Three changes people need to embrace:
- Recognize that what you were taught when you were a kid may not be serving you. Focus on your strengths. We have infinite potential, shifting from focusing on our weaknesses is huge.
- Recognize that before any breakthrough, there is a breakdown. It is just part of the process. You have to change your perception of failure and making mistakes. It is all part of your journey.
- Recognize that the voice you hear from others that says “you can’t” has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with them. A strong and confident person doesn’t need to put someone else down.
Purpose To Profits Blueprint – 5 Steps to Transforming Your Purpose into a Profitable Business That You Love.
27 years as an Entrepreneur and Business Owner, Nicole Jansen has coached and trained thousands of people, helping them achieve extraordinary results in business and in life. Certified Human Behavior Specialist, Business Breakthrough Coach, Master Trainer/Facilitator and Strategic Intervention Coach, Nicole has developed her own special brand of training and mentorship which focuses on tapping into your strengths and true purpose, integrating business and life mastery principles for holistic success.
Nicole also recently launched a new podcast called “Leaders Of Transformation” where she interviews leaders in the world of business, health, relationships, education, media, and social impact three times a week. Her intention is to facilitate global transformation by inspiring and empowering people to become difference makers and world changers in their everyday life.