This was a new one for me. I have never talked to an expert in FREE publicity, so, to say the least, I was intrigued. I enjoyed talking to Sharon and learned a lot from her in the short time that we spent talking on the show. She reminded how important it is to get creative when you are not getting the results or the outcome that you want. Her continual failure led to a significant opportunity because she became obsessed with getting what she wanted. This should be a lesson to us all and an inspiration at the same time.
A few unrelated points for your reading entertainment now. Sharon has a great radio voice and a delightful British accent that I will never ever get sick of hearing. She also had an incredibly clear mic setup for the podcast and surprisingly she did the show from her dining room table! I appreciate excellent sound quality and I know that it makes a big difference on the listener’s experience.
Here are the major news outlets that she has appeared on:
- Daily Mail
- The Guardian
Conversational Notes from This Episode
- When talking to people in general or clients, make it all about them and what you can do for them.
- Having the passion, knowledge, and belief in making a difference is sometimes all it takes for a viable business offering.
- Get creative and think out of the box to get where you want to go.
- A plan is good, but building upon your credibility built through publicity is just as effective.
- Use publicity and credibility to set the foundation for a business that runs itself.
- Focus on getting up and running. In an ideal world preparing and planning is key, but don’t miss out on opportunities.
- With media exposure, you are automatically perceived as an expert in your field. It is a huge changeover: a cold market can suddenly become a warm market.
- Authoring or co-authoring a book is one way of obtaining credibility through publicity.
Tune into the podcast to get other valuable insights and advice.
How would major publicity affect your startup, project, or established business? I think that we can all agree that it would be helpful and even better if it were FREE! I am going to personally implement the strategies that she talked about and I signed up for her FREE resource as well. Check it out and everything else that she is doing at http://www.getfreepublicitytoday.com/.
Listen to the Audio
Sharon Bolt is a publicity expert and founder of Get Free Publicity Today. She has contributed to more than 40 different local and national newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations and has received over £1 million ($1.5 million) in free publicity and free advertising. She is also the co-author of 2 highly acclaimed books called ‘Successful Women in Business’ and ‘Every Entrepreneurs Guide: Running Your Own Business.’