This episode was a lot of fun, even though I had to edit out a smidge of profanity. It took a few months to get our schedules lined up but as usual, it was worth the wait. Jordan is a very real dude and you can tell in the interview, and anyone who follows me knows how much I value authenticity.
Most people that I know who have failed in a business venture have done so in 6 months or less, simply by giving up too soon. Jordan said it took him like 5 or 6 years, grinding away every day, to get to where he is now!! Think about that and reflect on it, friends. If you want to know what separates the truly successful from everyone else, Jordan would probably tell you that it is patience. I would tell you that it is the result of your relentless, cumulative efforts over time…..and we would both be correct!
Conversational Notes from This Episode
- Having a good mentor can be key to self-development and finding the career of your dreams.
- Not having a profit-only mentality can help in building your brand name and business. You become known for genuinely being invested in your client’s goals and wellbeing.
- Let passion be your fuel and vision.
- Don’t just do something when you think people are watching: every day, day-to-day sticking to your goals, that’s what it’s going to take.
- Accountability is a big reason for success for both business startups and people who signup for health & fitness programs.
- Patience is key. There is no such thing as overnight success.
- ‘Self-efficacy‘ can play a major role in how one approaches goals, tasks, and challenges.
Listen to the Audio
My name is Jordan Syatt and I am the owner, operator, and main contributor to the site. While I cover a variety of topics, I mainly focus on subjects relating to powerlifting, strength training, fat loss, and athletic performance. If you’re looking to improve strength, athletic performance and/or body composition…you’ve made it to the right place.
For those interested, I am a 5x World Record Powerlifter as well as a Precision Nutrition and Westside Barbell Certified coach. I’ve been featured in a variety of media publications including CNN, The Huffington Post, Men’s Fitness Magazine, Schwarzenegger.com, T-Nation.com and I have a Bachelors of Science in Health & Behavior Science with a focus in Strength & Conditioning.
Training and nutrition aside, I’m obsessed with travelling, I’m a huge mama’s boy and, given one wish, I would be a wizard.
Check out Jordan’s website and social channels!